Wednesday 20 March 2013

Dropping out changed my life (and it was good)

I dropped out of uni. It was the right thing to do but I've never really found the words to say why. I've mumbled various excuses about family problems and depression and stuff, but I was never really happy with the academic side, and all my time at York did was ignite my passion for political activism.

This video from my friend Hannah says it so much better than I ever could:


I've ended up working in something I'm truly passionate about, and I met the love of my life because of my passion. Not because of putting myself through something I didn't want to to get a piece of paper.

Maybe one day I will go back and get that piece of paper to prove to myself I can. But only on my terms. Because I want to.

Until then, I have elections to win.

Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment